How to Fill in the Entry Card and the Notes?
For convenience of pass, please fill in the relevant information accurately and completely in according to the items listed in the Entry Card.
1. All the blanks except the blank of “Signature” shall be written in Chinese or English. Chinese citizens (including residents of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) fill in the Chinese side in Chinese, and foreigners fill in the English side in English. The card shall not be filled with pencils and the writing shall be neat and clear.
2. Please fill in the full name printed on your certificate in the blank of “Name”, and fill in all the numbers and alphabets printed on your certificate in the blank of “Certificate Number”.
3. The two blanks of “签注号码” and “签注签发地” in Chinese Entry Card shall be filled in by Taiwan residents only.
4. Please fill in the final destination country (district) in the blank of “To” and fill in the earliest departure country (district) in the blank of “From”.
5. Please fill in the blanks of “Entry Purpose” or “Exit Purpose” according to the actual situation by ticking the corresponding box. Only one of the two shall be filled in.
6. Interior residents shall fill in the permanent address in the blank of “Address in China”; residents of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan shall fill in the address before exit (including the hotels).
Sample of Entry Card
In many countries, frontier inspection is in the charge of immigrant office or police services. In China, the inspection is in the charge of frontier inspection stations. The main formalities include filling in the Entry and Exit Cards (sometimes it can be filled in on the plane in advance), submitting passport for examination, and visa check. In some countries, tourists are exempted from visa.
Before departure, passengers are expected to fill in Embarkation Card (it is not necessary in some countries), and present the Embarkation Card and the Boarding Card to the staff for inspection. In some countries, passengers are required to pay the airport tax before passport check. Before entry, passengers are expected to fill in Landing Card (not necessary in some countries), and present the Landing Card (not necessary in some countries) and the passport to the staff for inspection. Landing Cards are usually handed out on the airplane and the passengers are expected to fill in it in advance during the flight.
The main contents of Embarkation Card and Landing Card are as follows:
Passenger Boarding At;
Full Name, Surname, Given Name;
Chinese passengers are required to fill in the phonetics and characters when filling in the blank of “Name” in the Embarkation Card of Japan;
Date and Place of Birth;
Address While in xxx;
Who will furnish financial support? It refers to name of company or person to visit in China, usually with the name(s), address and phone No.
Signature (in capitals).
No matter which country the passenger is going, he can fill in the blanks in English. The forms are usually in duplicate, so ballpoint pens instead of pens or pencils shall be used.
Luggage Declaration Form
1. Filling of Luggage Declaration Form of Inbound and Outbound Passengers
Currently, the luggage carried by passengers shall be declared in written way in China. In another word, the Luggage Declaration Form must be filled. The Form is applicable to alien passengers, Taiwan Compatriots, and Chinese citizens entering or departing from China for private or business purposes. Compatriots of Hong Kong and Macau are not required to fill in the Luggage Declaration Form, but they shall declare the luggage in the Home-visiting Certificate. The Luggage Declaration Form is in duplicate. After the luggage is inspected and let through, one copy of the form shall be archived by the customs, and the other copy, after the customs affixes a seal, shall be kept by the passenger, and submitted to the customs for formalities before the return trip.
The items in the Luggage Declaration Form fall into four categories: a. Basic information of the passenger such as name, nationality, passport number, the departure country and destination country, information of the accompanied minor children, and number of luggage. b. Information of the necessities such as currency, gold, silver and related products, camera, recorder, and video camera, which are decided on the basis of short-term tour in China. c. Articles necessary in business and articles controlled by the state: tourists carrying with office supplies, goods, sample goods, audio and visual products, printed matters and cultural relics need handle other relevant customs formalities. d. Household electrics and other luxurious and durable articles with a unit value of over 50 Yuan and gifts with a total value of more than 50 Yuan.
2. Sample of Luggage Declaration Form of Inbound and Outbound Passengers
Currency, gold, silver, gold and silver products, daily-use commodities, and durable commodities carried by short-term travelers, overseas Chinese, Chinese of foreign nationalities, Taiwan Compatriots and Chinese citizens entering or departing from China.
Form Filling Requirements
1. Name: Full name of the inbound and outbound passengers shall be filled in. Overseas Chinese, Taiwan compatriots, and Chinese citizens shall fill in Chinese name. Foreigners shall fill in English names. Chinese of foreign nationality may fill in Chinese name in the brackets after the English name. The name filled in shall be in conformity with the name in the travel permit.
2. Nationality: The nationality in the travel permit shall be filled in.
3. Passport Number: The passport number in passenger’s passport shall be filled in.
4. To/From: The country or district of the entry and exit shall be filled in.
5. Accompanied Children Under 16: if there are, fill in the number of the accompanied children, if there isn’t any, cross the blank.
6. Carried Baggage: Fill in the number of the carried baggage.
7. Consigned Luggage: Fill in the number of the consigned articles.
8. Chinese and Foreign Currency: Fill in the name, value and unit of the currencies. The inbound and outbound blanks should be filled in separately. The numbers shall be filled with word figures. If travel checks are carried, explanations shall be made. Fill in “none” if no foreign currencies are carried.
9. Gold, silver and products of gold and silver: Fill in the name, quantity and weight and fill in “none” if no gold, silver and products of gold and silver are carried.
10. Articles for private or personal use: Fill in the name, brand and quantity.
11. Other articles demanding declaration: Fill in the name, brand and quantity and the inbound and outbound blanks should be filled in separately.
12. Goods and Samples: Tick the “Yes” box if any and “No” box if not.
13. Video Tape with Contents: Tick the “Yes” box if any and “No” box if not.
14. Prints: Tick the “Yes” box if any and “No” box if not.
15. Relics: Tick the “Yes” box if any and “No” box if not.
16. Imported Durables and Gifts: Fill in the name, brand, type, and number.
17. Luggage transported separately and the arrival port: Fill in the number of the luggage transported separately and fill in the arrival port.
18. Passenger Signature: Sign the passenger’s name after all the blanks are filled.
19. Declaration Date: Fill in the date, month and year of the entry.