Kunming: spring-like weather all year around, flowers dot around the warm city, spring comes in front of your eyes at any time.
A place gathering natural and humane landscape of Kunming. Long history, unique geological structure has brought Kunming many cultural relics and scenic spots, including the pretty "Ashima" in the Stone Forest, the 500-mile Dianchi Lake seen from the Da Guan Pavilion, the Nationality Village, the Dragon Gate at Xishan Mountain, the camellia in Jindian Scenic Zone, the black-headed gull in Green Lake, showing the elegance of Kunming.
Kunming, with mild climate, without intensive heat of summer or bitter cold winter, spring-like in four seasons, a pleasant climate, is an extremely prestigious "spring city". There is a poem saying that, in Kunming one needs no fur coat in the twelfth lunar month, no sweat with a cotton cloth in summer, plum blossoms in midwinter, and willow swings for the incoming year.
1. Flower shopping: Yunnan is a sea of flowers with a great variety in cheap price, a bunch of roses will only cost you less than 10 Yuan. When you are in Kunming, believe me, you would love to go to the flower market and leave it with a bunch of flowers in hand, romantic and meaningful. Dounan is the largest flower market in China, dazzling with great variety and cheaper price.
2. Viewing Dianchi Lake: Dragon Gate is the best place for bird's eye view of Dianchi Lake, at a commanding position to see the beauty of eight hundred miles of Dianchi Lake scenery. And Dragon Gate is also the best place to enjoy the moon in the Mid-Autumn Festival.
3. The longest antithetical couplet in China: The antithetical couplet, written by Sun Ranweng, a famous litterateur in the period of Emperor Qianlong, beside the door of the Da Guan Pavilion, is known as the "longest antithetical couplet from ancient to modern ages". You will see a scenery here similar to the "Moon in Three Pools" of West Lake in Hangzhou if you stand on the Da Guan Pavilion and look down at the water surface, which is called as "Long antithetical couplet reflecting moon" by local people, making it a good place for viewing the moon and the lake.
4. Cherry Blossoms. March is the time for cheery blossoms in Kunming, and Yuantong Mountain is the best place for watching the sea of flower, a profusion of fallen petals, which can't be more beautiful.
5. Splendor of Gold and Jade. At the change of day and night, the afterglow of the setting sun shines on the Jade Rooster Arch, shadowing on the east street. At the same time, the moon rises from the east, silver lights shine on the Golden Horse Arch, shadowing on the west street. Thus, two shadows of the arches, gradually get closer, and finally connect with each other. It forms the scenery as called "splendor of moon and sun" of the Golden Horse and Jade Rooster Arches, which comes once every 60 years, and its latest appearance as recorded is in the Period of Emperor Daoguang in the Qing Dynasty.
6. Cross Bridge Rice Noodle. It is of long history and is one of the favorite food for Yunnan people. Missing it will be a matter for regret if you have come to Yunnan.
Kunming is a suitable place for tourists all year round, but the best tourist season is from March to October, when the scenery is the most beautiful, with the maximum national minority festivals, in a season full of fruits and flowers. You will get a lot more tourism atmosphere in this period.
Kunming is a "spring city", with the temperate plateau wet monsoon climate, longer sunshine time, spring-like seasons, mild climate all the year round, without intense heat in summer or bitter cold winter, the four seasons in all suitable for travel. Kunming's annual average temperature is about 15 ℃, the average temperature in the hottest month is basically between 19 ℃ to 22 ℃, and that of the coldest month is between 6℃ - 8 ℃.